A Greater China Luxury Retailer
1 | Background
A retail company with specialty stores selling designer label luxury goods in Hong Kong and China, the client is one of the largest departmental stores in Hong Kong.
With the launch of its digital flagship in 2011, the client became the first omni-channel fashion retailer in Hong Kong and in Greater China, continuing to enhance its range of specialised services online that echo the actual physical retail experience.
2 | Business Challenge
As a digital retail leader, the client wanted to replicate the in-store experience online, and make it simpler for members and users alike to search for what they want. Due to fast changing user preference, it should also be relatively simple to make changes on the app.
To cater to the different needs of the market, they wanted to create an experience that is tailored and personalised to each individual, so that the mobile app will be useful to each one.
3 | The Solution
- Our user experience (UX) consulting services was employed, where we set out to understand from the user’s point of view, what improvements they look for in the new platform, and what they expect to see on the mobile app. Stakeholder interviews were also conducted with the internal staff, management and shoppers alike.
- With the data collected from user interviews, we tailored the app to suit the needs and wants of the audience for a mobile solution that is truly made for them. These user feedback were also ranked in importance to allow our project team better clarity to prioritise accordingly with our scrum project methodology.
4 | The Results
- Responsive mobile app with UX design.
- On- time delivery due to scrum methodology.
- The flexibility of API deployment and adaptations has led to increased opportunities for the client to do multi cross-industry partnerships.